Monday, March 27, 2006

Maggots


As I entered the door a dead bird was thrown in the middle of the wooden floor.
He appeared cold and lacking of all plumage. It was red and yellow which made me pick it up immediately. When I did, its beak broke off. I felt very sorry for the creature and a painful sense of fear grew in my chest. I was alone and nobody knew the bird was dead. I wanted to put it back together so I found a niece piece of wood that looked like a tongue. I took the dead bird and opened its mouth. I inserted the wooden piece inside it and tied it diligently with a yellow rubber band that maintained it correctly in place. Then I introduced a second piece of wood in the shape of the upper part of a bird’s beak and tied it in a similar fashion. Then immediately and with surprise I realized it wasn’t a bird but a dog I was grooming, a big black dog standing in front of me with its long red tongue hanging. I went exploring further into the basement of the house and after entering a petite escalator that took me upstairs I saw the city of New York, its amazing profile looking at me before my eyes. My daughter was dancing in one of the buildings which was pretty unnerving and quite incredible. After she came down we decided to go again to the basement. There fat men with German accents were downloading machines and vacuum cleaners. I asked if there was anything for me to borrow. They said yes in a rather mean tone of voice. They showed me a skirt my friend Sheila had left for me. I was most thankful for I knew a skirt would be of great use in those days and proceeded carefully to open it up and showed it to my daughter. We saw with dismay that it was far too tiny for our bodies and thought it might be good for her cousin. I realized then that the inside of the skirt was full of dead leaf wing shaped insects. I folded the skirt back, though it was too late; the insects had already flown into my body.

No comments: